THE CLIMATE-SHIELD® RAINSCREEN SYSTEM™ IS THE ULTIMATE WOOD RAINSCREEN SIDING SYSTEM
The remarkable design of the Climate-Shield® Rainscreen System™ represents a quantum leap in rainscreen system technology. It combines 'tried and true' rainscreen methods with modern technology to create a healthy, energy efficient and weather resistant rainscreen wood siding system.
The design and function of the Climate-Shield Rainscreen Wood Siding System is considered a best demonstrated practice in sustainable design that is beautiful, effective and highly durable. Because the entire rainscreen system is exceptionally well engineered and fully patented, you can rest assured that the integrity and performance of your project will endure for many years.
RAINSCREEN TECHNICAL RESOURCES:
The Climate-Shield CS 2 Rainscreen Clip
The Climate-Shield CS 2 rainscreen clip and fasteners are the heart of the rainscreen wood siding system.
The Climate-Shield® CS2 rainscreen clip and the stainless steel rainscreen fasteners combine to form an extremely secure mounting assembly for your wood siding for your rainscreen system. In fact, the system is designed to withstand hurricane wind forces in excess of 200 MPH.
The two stainless steel screws provide a solid and dependable rainscreen assembly to fasten the rainscreen clip securely to plywood, OSB or other structural sheathing.
Climate-Shield® Rainscreen Clip Advantages
The Climate-Shield CS2 Rainscreen Clip System offers a number of benefits compared to other rainscreen fastening methods for wood siding.
• Wide flange of the Climate-Shield rainscreen clip with two stainless steel screws allows for quick, secure fastening
• Heavy-duty marine-grade aluminum alloy used to manufacture the Climate-Shield rainscreen clip is an extremely durable and long-lasting material.
• There is no galvanic action between the Climate-Shield rainscreen clips and the stainless steel screws
• The smooth, clean design of the Climate-Shield rainscreen clip minimizes sharp edges and makes it easier and safer to handle on-site
• The Climate-Shield rainscreen clip is manufactured in the USA to the same tolerances used in the aircraft industry
• The consistent sizing of each rainscreen clip ensures a uniform spacing for your wall cavity
• The Climate-Shield Rainscreen Clip eliminates the need for furring strips
• The Climate-Shield Rainscreen Siding Clip will provide fastening strong enough to withstand 200 MPH hurricane force winds or seismic equivalent.
• The Climate-Shield Rainscreen Clip is a true hidden fastener for your wood siding
Climate-Shield Rainscreen Installation
The installation of the Climate-Shield rainscreen system is much simpler and less costly than other installation methods.
The Climate-Shield CS2 Rainscreen Clip fastens the top of each piece of wood siding while also fastening to the bottom of the wood siding material in the next course of siding. This simple yet secure rainscreen siding system is fast, rugged and highly effective.
Simply install your first course of wood siding level and then install your next courses of wood siding from this secure and level base. There is no need to waste wood siding materials by cutting your wood siding to fit 16" furring strips- simply install a rainscreen clip (top and bottom) at the end each piece of siding and let it "share the rainscreen clip" with the next piece of wood siding.
Climate-Shield Rainscreen Clip Vs. Other Rainscreen Clips
A picture is worth a thousand words ...
Just look at how rugged and secure the Climate-Shield Rainscreen Clip is compared to other rainscreen clips.
As you can see from the photo, other rainscreen clips require the use of furring strips to create the proper 3/4" spacing for the ventilated wall cavity necessary for proper moisture management.
The wide mounting flange of the Climate-Shield® Rainscreen Clip also provides a sturdy base to ensure that wood siding is properly seated.
Climate-Shield: Stronger, Sturdier and Longer Lasting
The Climate-Shield CS2 Rainscreen Clip outlasts and outperforms other rainscreen clips. Discover what makes Climate-Shield so unique.
- Unlike other rain screen clips, the screws of the Climate-Shield rainscreen clip can be fastened at a straight angle into the sheathing so you don't have to install your wood siding at an uncomfortable angle.
- The two stainless steel fastening screws of the Climate-Shield CS2 rainscreen clip provide a much sturdier base.
- Climate-Shield Rainscreen Clips eliminate the extra cost, poor performance and inconsistent spacing of wood furring strips
- Climate-Shield Rainscreen Clips eliminate the labor costs required for furring strip rainscreen installations. On a typical two man rainscreen siding job, that could mean savings of up to 16 man hours.
- When installing over plywood sheathing, there is no need to waste material by cutting the each end to length. When using the Climate-Shield Rainscreen Clip, simply place a rainscreen clip at the end of each piece of wood siding and 'straddle' the next piece of siding.
Protect Your Rainscreen Investment
The Climate-Shield System will provide you with security & peace of mind.
Investing in a rainscreen siding system will give you the necessary energy-savings and weather-resistance to protect your home and secure your investment. Peace of mind will follow knowing that your wood siding will last for years - thanks to helpful accessories such as Climate-Shield's patented rainscreen clip and fasteners.
Utilizing the proper rainscreen clips and fasteners is important, if you want an efficient installation and guaranteed method of protecting your wood rainscreen siding system.
Climate-Shield's accessories are made out of marine-grade aluminum alloy and are durable in all kinds of weather. And because they have been proven to last for many years, your investment will be well worth the initial cost.
How Climate-Shield Reduces Cooling and Energy Costs
The Climate-Shield Rainscreen System provides the built-in ability to help your home, building or structure minimize solar gain during hot weather, by design.
Because the unique rainscreen system creates an open-joint, back-ventilated and pressure equalized design, hot air rises and stays away from the building envelope.
Natural convective air currents allow the rainscreen gap (wall cavity) to "breathe" and shed excess heat outside the structure. Hot air that would normally heat up the siding and transfer the heat to the building envelope, is literally carried away naturally.
A common misconception about "rainscreens" is that they are only design for rain. The truth is that this system is equally effective in hot climates, too.The hotter the weather, the more dynamic is this naturally occurring effect of convective air currents. Building scientists agree that the 3/4" wall cavity is highly effective to assist nature.
Climate-Shield Helps Eliminate Unwanted Moisture
With its unique design, the Climate-Shield rainscreen system has been praised by architects, builders, engineers and property owners. The same unique system design that allows Climate-Shield to shed unwanted thermal gain, also creates a highly beneficial and healthy system to eliminate unwanted moisture.
Climate-Shield™ Rainscreen Wood Siding System Species
There are a number of wood siding species that are appropriate for rainscreen wood siding installations. High density hardwood siding materials such as Ipe siding, Cumaru siding, Garapa siding and FSC Machiche siding are excellent wood siding material options for your rainscreen wood siding installation.
Click photos below for more information about each wood species-
Climate-Shield Offers Unique Design Capabilities
Install Climate-Shield™ Siding HORIZONTALLY, VERTICALLY or DIAGONALLY
With the wide range of siding materials available for the Climate-Shield system, you can customize the species, color and style to suit your home and your budget.
Unlike other rainscreen siding clips, the Climate-Shield Rainscreen System can be installed horizontally, vertically or diagonally - easily and effectively.
Climate-Shield Rainscreen Wood
Siding installed horizontally
Climate-Shield Rainscreen Wood
Siding installed vertically
For even more design flexibility, Climate-Shield™ Rainscreen Wood Siding can be customized to a reflect a number of different siding profiles.