The Climate-Shield® CS10 Specialty Rain Screen Clip™
The Climate-Shield CS10 specialty rain screen clip is a great fastening option for most soffit and ceiling applications. For select applications, the CS10 clip may also be used as a "low clearance" rain screen siding fastener.
Climate-Shield CS10 Specialty Rain Screen Clip
What is the Climate-Shield CS10 Specialty Rain Screen Clip?
The patented Climate-Shield CS10 specialty rain screen clip is a marine grade aluminum hidden fastener, ideal for specialty rain screen projects of many types. If you have a new home, addition, exterior remodel, or are planning to put new siding on your structure, the Climate-Shield CS10 specialty clip is a great option to consider.
The CS10 rain screen clip installs quickly, with one screw, and creates a long-lasting secure fastening over plywood or OSB exterior sheathing – without the need for furring strips. It has a single hole, lighter gauge aluminum and lower profile. Depending on your project requirements, the CS10 specialty rain screen clip may be a good choice for your design. See if this specialty clip meets your project needs below.
What will the Climate-Shield CS10 specialty rain screen clip do?
- Creates a 10 mm (about 3/8”) rain screen gap (wall cavity) behind the wood siding or soffit that allows your home or building to ‘breathe’ better
- The patented rain screen design eliminates the need for wood furring strips, creating a better functioning rain screen and lower cost installation
- Provides a beautiful and long-lasting natural wood façade for soffits and appropriate rain screen siding applications
- Provides a lower profile for your siding – works great with most existing window and door trims without the need to add more trim
What type of projects is the Climate-Shield CS10 rain screen clip best suited for?
The CS10 rain screen specialty clip works great on many structures that use plywood or OSB sheathing including:
- Projects that are not in hurricane or seismic zones with over 160 MPH wind loads or seismic equivalent requirements
- Project designs where a 3/8" rain screen gap is adequate for ventilation
- Ideal for soffits, porticoes, porch ceilings.
- CLICK HERE FOR DRAWINGS
HORIZONTAL SIDING OVER OSB OR PLYWOOD SHEATHING:
- New homes, new additions, garages and outbuildings
- Exterior remodeling, renovation and siding replacement projects of many types
- CLICK HERE FOR DRAWINGS
- DOWNLOAD CS10 HORIZONTAL INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
What are the limitations of the CS10 rain screen clip?
- Must be installed over either plywood or OSB exterior sheathing with an appropriate air/water barrier (or house wrap). For other types of sheathing, use the Climate-Shield CS2 Rain Screen Clip system with appropriate attachments.
- Not designed for use in hurricane zones with wind loads exceeding 160 MPH (or seismic equivalent). For higher wind loads, consider the Climate-Shield CS2 rain screen clip.
- The 10-mm wall cavity (rain screen gap) is the minimum requirement for proper rain screen ventilation. Check with your designer to see if this gap is adequate for your project. Otherwise, consider the Climate-Shield CS2 rain screen clip.
- Not designed for direct installation over masonry or most commercial wall assemblies. Consider the Climate-Shield CS2 Clip system for this type of application.
Where should I use the Climate-Shield CS2 rain screen clip system?
The Climate-Shield CS2 rain screen system features the CS2 rain screen clip and is ideal for most all residential and commercial wall assemblies for homes and buildings including:
Compare Climate-Shield CS10 Specialty Clip to CS2 Rain Screen Clip
Similarities of the Climate-Shield CS10 Specialty Clip and CS2 Clip:
Both the Climate-Shield CS10 and the heavier CS2 Rain Screen Clips offer the following benefits:
- No wood furring strips required
- Ideal for installing over plywood and OSB exterior sheathing
- Clips can fasten anywhere on the face of the sheathing (does not have to be over a stud)
- Can utilize full lengths of wood siding boards
- Create an ideal open-joint, back-ventilated and pressure equalized rain screen
- Work well for soffit installations
Differences between the Climate-Shield CS10 Specialty Clip and CS2 Clip:
See the comparison chart for CS10 Specialty Clip versus CS2 Rain Screen Clip