The Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Wood Siding System and rain screen clip is the ultimate wood rain screen system available.
The remarkable design of the Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Wood Siding System represents a quantum leap in rain screen system technology. It combines 'tried and true' rain screen methods with modern technology to create a healthy, energy efficient and weather resistant rain screen wood siding system.
The design and function of the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Wood Siding System is considered a best demonstrated practice in sustainable design that is beautiful, effective and enduring.
The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip
The Climate-Shield rain screen clip and fasteners are the heart of the rain screen wood siding system.
The Climate-Shield™ rain screen clip and the stainless steel rain screen fasteners combine to form an extremely secure mounting assembly for your wood siding for your rain screen system.
The two stainless steel screws provide a solid and dependable rain screen assembly to fasten the rain screen clip securely to plywood, OSB or other structural sheathing.
Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Clip Advantages
The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip System offers a number of benefits compared to other rain screen fastening methods for wood siding.
• Wide flange of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip with two stainless steel screws allows for quick, secure fastening
• Heavy-duty marine-grade aluminum alloy used to manufacture the Climate-Shield rain screen clip is an extremely durable and long-lasting material.
• There is no galvanic action between the Climate-Shield rain screen clips and the stainless steel screws
• The smooth, clean design of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip minimizes sharp edges and makes it easier and safer to handle on-site
• The Climate-Shield rain screen clip is manufactured in the USA to the same tolerances used in the aircraft industry
• The consistent sizing of each rain screen clip ensures a uniform spacing for your wall cavity
• The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip eliminates the need for furring strips
• The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Siding Clip is so strong and stable you can space them 24" on center
• The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip is a true hidden fastener for your wood siding
Climate-Shield Rain Screen Installation
The installation of the Climate-Shield rain screen system is much simpler and less costly than other installation methods.
The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip fastens the top of each piece of wood siding while also fastening to the bottom of the wood siding material in the next course of siding. This simple yet secure rain screen siding system is fast, rugged and highly effective.
Simply install your first course of wood siding level and then install your next courses of wood siding from this secure and level base. There is no need to waste wood siding materials by cutting your wood siding to fit 16" furring strips- simply install a rain screen clip at the end each piece of siding and let it "share the rain screen clip" with the next piece of wood siding.
Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip Vs. Other Rain Screen Clips
A picture is worth a thousand words ...
Just look at how rugged and secure the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip is compared to other rain screen clips.
As you can see from the photo, other rain screen clips require the use of furring strips to create the proper 3/4" spacing for the ventilated wall cavity that is needed for proper moisture management.
The wide mounting flange of the Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Clip also provides a sturdy base to ensure that your wood siding is properly seated.
Climate-Shield: Stronger, Sturdier and Longer Lasting
- Unlike other rain screen clips, the screws of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip can be fastened straight into the sheathing so you don't have to install your wood siding at an uncomfortable angle.
- The two stainless steel fastening screws of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip provide a much sturdier base.
- Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clips eliminate the extra cost and inconsistent spacing of furring strips
- Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clips eliminate the labor costs required for furring strip rain screen installations. On a two man rain screen siding job, that could mean savings of up to 16 man hours.
- There is no need to slow down or waste material by cutting the end of each piece of wood siding. When using the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip, simply place a rain screen clip at the end of each piece of wood siding and move along to the next piece of siding.
Protect Your Rain Screen Investment
The Climate-Shield System will provide you with security & peace of mind.
Investing in a rain screen siding system will give you the necessary energy-savings and weather-resistance to protect your home and secure your investment. Peace of mind will follow knowing that your wood siding will last for years - thanks to helpful accessories such as Climate-Shield's patented rain screen clip and fasteners.
Utilizing the proper rain screen clips and fasteners is important, if you want an efficient installation and guaranteed method of protecting your wood rain screen siding system.
Climate-Shield's accessories are made out of marine-grade aluminum alloy and are durable in all kinds of weather. And because they have been proven to last for many years, your investment will be well worth the initial cost.
Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Wood Siding System Species
There are a number of wood siding species that are appropriate for rain screen wood siding installations. High density hardwood siding materials such as Ipe siding, Cumaru siding, Garapa siding and FSC Machiche siding are excellent wood siding material options for your rain screen wood siding installation.
|Mataverde Cumaru Siding
Climate-Shield Offers Unique Design Capabilities
With the wide range of siding materials available for the Climate-Shield system, you can customize the species, color and style to suit your home and your budget.
Unlike other rain screen siding clips, the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Wood Siding System can be installed horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
Create the design that's right for you with your rain screen wood siding!
Climate-Shield Rain Screen Wood
Siding installed horizontally
Climate-Shield Rain Screen Wood
Siding installed vertically
For even more design flexibility, Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Wood Siding can be made to a number of different siding profiles.