The Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Wood Siding System and rainscreen clip is the ultimate wood rain screen system available.
The remarkable design of the Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Wood Siding System represents a quantum leap in rain screen system technology. The Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Wood Siding System combines tried and true methods with modern rain screen technology to create a healthy, energy efficient and weather efficient rain screen wood siding system that is beautiful, effective and enduring. The design and function of the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Wood Siding System is considered a best demonstrated practice in sustainable design.
Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Clip
Let's start by taking a close look at the unique design of the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip. The Climate-Shield™ rain screen clip and the stainless steel rain screen fasteners combine to form an extremely secure mounting assembly for your wood siding for your rain screen system. The two stainless steel screws provide a solid and dependable rain screen assembly to fasten the rain screen clip securely to plywood, OSB or other structural sheathing.
Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Clip Advantages
The Climate-Shield rain screen clip system offers a number of benefits compared to other rain screen fastening methods for wood siding.
- Wide flange of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip with two stainless steel screws allows for quick, secure fastening
- Heavy duty marine grade aluminum alloy used to manufacture the Climate-Shield rain screen clip is an extremely durable and long lasting material.
- There is no galvanic action between the Climate-Shield rain screen clips and the stainless steel screws
- The smooth, clean design of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip minimizes sharp edges and makes it easier and safer to handle on site.
- The Climate-Shield rain screen clip is manufactured in the USA to the same tolerances used in the aircraft industry.
- The consistent sizing of each rain screen clip ensures a uniform spacing for your wall cavity.
- The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip eliminates the need for furring strips.
- The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Siding Clip is so strong and stable you can space them 24" on center.
- The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip is a true hidden fastener for your wood siding
The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip fastens the top of each piece of wood siding while also fastening to the bottom of the wood siding material in the next course of siding. This simple yet secure rain screen siding system is fast, rugged and highly effective. Simply install your first course of wood siding level and then install your next courses of wood siding from this secure and level base. There is no need to waste wood siding materials by cutting your wood siding to fit 16" furring strips- simply install a rain screen clip at the end each piece of siding and let it "share the rain screen clip" with the next piece of wood siding.
Compare the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip to other rain screen clips
Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Clip compared to other rain screen clips
Just look at how rugged and secure the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip is compared to the other rain screen clips. As you can see, other rain screen clips require furring strips to create the proper 3/4" spacing for the ventilated wall cavity needed for proper moisture management. The wide mounting flange of the Climate-Shield™ Rain Screen Clip also provides a sturdy base to ensure that your wood siding is properly seated.
The Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip is stronger, sturdier and longer lasting than other rain screen clips.
Installation of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip is much simpler and less costly than other methods.
- Unlike other rain screen clips, the screws of the Climate-Shield rainscreen clip can be fastened straight into the sheathing so you don't have to install your wood siding at an uncomfortable angle.
- The two stainless steel fastening screws of the Climate-Shield rain screen clip provide a much sturdier base.
- Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clips eliminate the extra cost and inconsistent spacing of furring strips
- Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clips eliminate the labor costs required for furring strip rain screen installations. On a two man rain screen siding job, that could mean savings of up to 16 man hours.
- There is no need to slow down or waste material by cutting the end of each piece of wood siding. When using the Climate-Shield Rain Screen Clip, simply place a rain screen clip at the end of each piece of wood siding and move along to the next piece of siding.
Investing in a rain screen siding system gives you the energy and weather resistance that you need to protect your home and maximize your investment. With the wide range of siding materials available for the Climate-Shield system, you can choose siding in the right species, color and style for your home. You can also get the peace of mind in knowing that your wood siding will last for years with helpful accessories that include the rain screen clip and fasteners that hold your screen in place.
Having the proper rain screen clips and fasteners available to you is important if you want a fast and guaranteed way of protecting your rain screen siding system. These accessories are made out of marine grade aluminum alloy and are durable in all kinds of weather. They have been proven to last for many years, giving you the comfort in knowing that your investment will be well worth the initial cost. You also can be assured in selecting a style and color of siding that suits your particular tastes and budget. Some of the choices available to you include Ipe hardwood, Cumaru hardwood, and Garapa hardwood. You can also opt to have your siding installed vertically, diagonally or horizontally, whichever style you prefer.